Air Ducting Cleaning in Sudbury: Keeping Your Home Healthy
Indoor air quality is one concern that homeowners have when considering air duct cleaning. According to the Canadian Lung Association, on average Canadians spend 90% of their time indoors. For this reason, indoor air quality is an important health concern.
The Heating and Cooling System of your home is like the central organ of your body – Your Lungs. The HVAC takes air in (return air) and breathes air out (supply air).
Through normal life in a home, we generate contaminates and air pollutants – dander, dust, and chemicals. But your home’s lungs may also be drawing in polluted air, according to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America. Your HVAC system can harbor contaminants such as bacteria. These particles can be circulated around your home as much as five to seven times a day. Over time, this results in a build up of contaminates in the ductwork. This can cause health problems, especially if one of your family members suffer with respiratory health conditions like allergies or asthma.
Not only can a duct cleaning help lessen allergy issues, it can make your HVAC System run more efficiently. A clean HVAC system is less likely to malfunction and may last longer
Signs You Need to Schedule Air Duct Cleaning in Sudbury
Although much of the ductwork in your home is hidden, you can examine the supply and return vents. Are they grimy? Remove a vent cover and inspect the ductwork. Is the metal concealed in dust?
Since no one likes the idea of the air they breathe moving through filthy dust-covered passages, we recommend that you have an Air Duct Cleaning on average every 3-5 years depending on your family requirements.
Here are other signs that you need a duct cleaning;
- Dust, dirt, or pet hair is trapped in vents
- Vents blow out dust when your heat or air conditioning switches on
- Mold has been discovered in your furnace, air conditioner, heat pump or air handler
- Vermin – sightings of rodents, insects, or other vermin in ductwork
- Excessive dust despite constant cleaning
- Home Renovations or remodeling projects
- Water contamination or damage to the home or HVAC System
- Odor originating from the ducts
How to Keep Your Ducts Clean After a Duct Cleaning in Sudbury
- Change your air filter regularly
- Use highest Merv rating of filter recommended for your system
- Have Routine Maintenance on HVAC System
- Dust and Vacuum your home consistently
- Promptly repair leaks and water damage
Duct Cleaning Services
Rotobrush Duct Cleaning
1 Whole House Rotobrush duct cleaning with camera inspection
1 New Rotobrush vacuum bag (customer can keep if they want to see how much dirt was removed from ducts)
- Ductwork sanitization
- Blower pull and clean (this completes the duct cleaning as a lot of dirt is in the blower of the furnace)
- Seal Ductwork around furnace (eliminates the #1 cause of dirty ductwork, air leaks around the furnace)